0 miles completed
About The Event
What It Is...
The WAGATHON is a cumulative marathon that you and your dog can do anywhere, at your own pace over the month of September. The ultimate goal is to log 26.2 miles by September 30th - participation is simple, whether you run or walk a 5K, a 10K, a half or full marathon, the goal is to have FUN all while raising critical funds to support Guiding Eyes for the Blind’s mission - to provide guide dogs to people with vision loss. No pup? No problem! Walk or run in honor of one of our puppies and help them on their journey to becoming a guide dog.
Check out our exclusive WAGATHON Playlist, available on both Apple Music and Spotify. This carefully crafted playlist consists of a combination of today’s most popular songs, as well as some personal favorited picked by our dedicated Guiding Eyes staff! Get ready to enjoy a mix of upbeat rhythms, empowering lyrics, and feel-good tunes that will keep your paws tapping and tails wagging as you continue strolling towards the finish line.
How It Works...
Register online and set up your fundraising page.
Map out your plan to rack up to 26.2 miles walking or running over the month of September.
Share your fundraising page and ask friends, family, and co-workers to support you with a donation – or to join the WAGATHON themselves!
Post your mileage and walking updates to your personal WAGATHON page and social media using the #WAGATHON hashtag. Don't forget the selfies!
Cross the WAGATHON virtual finish line before September 30th.
Don't Forget to Enter Your Miles
Continuously track your miles and log them into your account so your supporters can see your progress!
- Log in to your personal fundraising page.
- Click the "WAGATHON" tab.
- Enter your activity manually or connect with Strava in the app store!
What Do You Get?
- A $20 registration gets you a Guiding Eyes bandana and an official WAGATHON tag for your dog!
- Raise $100 and get an official WAGATHON t-shirt!
WAGATHON Participant Prize Drawing
Receive one entry for every fundraising goal you achieve:
- Register and create a fundraising page and receive one entry.
- Receive one entry for every $100 you raise.
- For every donation made to your fundraiser of $50 or more before September 15th, you will receive one entry.
The more entries you receive, the better chance you have at winning one of the following prize packages!
- Prize Pack 1: Ruffwear Urban Sprawl Bed
- Prize Pack 2: Ruffwear Travel Pack - Haul Bag, Kibble Kaddie and Bivy Bowl
- Prize Pack 3: Ruffwear Toy Pack
- Prize Pack 4: Jolly Pets Toy Pack 1
- Prize Pack 5: Jolly Pets Toy Pack 2
- Prize Pack 6: M. Barclay Custom Dog Collar with Leash (Add your dog’s name to the collar) + Skincare Trio with a full assortment of Barkin Treats.
Don’t wait! Register today for your chance to win!
Are you a runner looking to rack up some miles and make a difference for a great cause Love dogs but don’t currently have one? Or want to do something special to honor the memory of a beloved family dog? You can still be a WAGATHON participant! WAGATHON is for everyone, even those who do not have a dog of their own. Here are some optional ways that you can participate:
- Walk or run in honor of one of our puppies and help them become a guide dog.
- Walk in memory of a dog.
- Walk with a friend or family member’s dog!
- Search #dogsofinstagram and pick an Insta-famous dog to walk for.
- Wag for your favorite fictional dog!
Download the offline donation form here.
Make checks payable to Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
Mail this form and check to:
Guiding Eyes for the Blind
611 Granite Springs Road
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Having Trouble With Your WAGATHON Page?
We are excited to announce the recent accessibility updates we have made to the WAGATHON website. Among the changes we have made improvements to the registration form, dashboard usability, and removed many pop-ups. We hope these updates help create a more user-friendly experience. After various testing, we have concluded that both adding miles (under the WAGATHON tab) and uploading a profile picture are accessible with some but not all screen readers. If you are experiencing issues with either of those, please try using the "tab" button to navigate through. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any feedback or suggestions that may further enhance and improve our accessibility features. Please direct all questions, comments, and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-621-8812 for assistance.
For the audio described version of this video, click here.
Countdown to the "finish line":
Teams and Walkers
Select A Team:
$ raised of $ goal
Fundraiser CardsView All