Join us on sample date
What It Is...
How It Works...
Step 1: Register online and set up your fundraising page.
Step 2: Map out your plan to rack up to 26.2 miles walking or running over the month of September.
Step 3: Share your fundraising page and ask friends, family, and co-workers to support you with a donation – or to join the Wag-A-Thon themselves!
Step 4: Post your mileage and walking updates to your personal Wag-A-Thon page and social media using the #Wagathon hashtag. Don't forget the selfies!
Step 5: Cross the Wag-A-Thon virtual finish line by September 30.
Continuously track your miles throughout September and log them into your account so your supporters can see your progress!
- Log in to your personal fundraising page.
- Click the "Wag-A-Thon" tab.
- Enter your activity manually or connect with Strava in the app store!
What Do You Get?
- A $20 registration gets you a Guiding Eyes bandana and an official Wag-A-Thon tag for your dog!
- Raise $100 and get an official Wag-A-Thon t-shirt!
Win Prizes in our RUFFWEAR Raffle
Receive one raffle entry for every fundraising goal you achieve:
- Register and create a fundraising page before August 15th and receive one raffle entry
- Receive one raffle entry for every $100 you raise
- For every donation made to your fundraiser of $50 or more before September 15th, you will receive one entry to the raffle
All prizes have been donated, courtesy of Ruffwear. Check out the prizes below:
- Prize Pack 1: Ruffwear Urban Sprawl Bed
- Prize Pack 2: Ruffwear Travel Pack: Haul Bag, Kibble Kaddie, and Bivy Bowl
- Prize Pack 3: Ruffwear Toy Pack
Are you a runner looking to rack up some miles – and make a difference for a great cause – in the month of September? Love dogs but don’t currently have one? Or want to do something special to honor the memory of a beloved family dog? You can still be a Wag-A-Thoner! Wag-A-Thon is for everyone, even if you aren’t currently a dog owner. Here are some optional ways that you can participate sans pooch:
- Walk or run in honor of one of our puppies and help them become a guide dog.
- Walk with a friend or family member’s dog!
- Search #dogsofinstagram and pick an Insta-famous dog to walk for.
- Wag for your favorite fictional dog!
Download the offline donation form here.
Make checks payable to Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
Mail this form and check to:
Guiding Eyes for the Blind
611 Granite Springs Road
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598