0 miles completed
About The Event
What It Is...
The Wag-A-Thon is a cumulative marathon that you and your dog can do anywhere, at your own pace over the month of September. The ultimate goal is to hit 26.2 miles by September 30 – participation is simple, whether you run or walk a 5K, a 10K, a half or full marathon, the goal is to have FUN all while raising critical funds to support Guiding Eyes for the Blind’s mission - to provide guide dogs to people with vision loss. No pup? No problem! Walk or run in honor of one of our puppies and help them on their journey to becoming a guide dog.
How It Works...
Register online and set up your fundraising page.
Map out your plan to rack up to 26.2 miles walking or running over the month of September.
Share your fundraising page and ask friends, family, and co-workers to support you with a donation – or to join the Wag-A-Thon themselves!
Post your mileage and walking updates to your personal Wag-A-Thon page and social media using the #Wagathon hashtag. Don't forget the selfies!
Cross the Wag-A-Thon virtual finish line by September 30.
Don't Forget to Enter Your Miles
Continuously track your miles throughout September and log them into your account so your supporters can see your progress!
- Log in to your personal fundraising page.
- Click the "Wag-A-Thon" tab.
- Enter your activity manually or connect with Strava in the app store!
What Do You Get?
- A $20 registration gets you a Guiding Eyes bandana and an official Wag-A-Thon tag for your dog!
- Raise $100 and get an official Wag-A-Thon t-shirt!
Prize Winners from our Drawing
All prizes have been donated, courtesy of Ruffwear and The Dogist.
- Prize Pack 1: Ruffwear Urban Sprawl Bed: Alissa P. - Yorktown Heights, NY
- Prize Pack 2: Ruffwear Travel Pack: Haul Bag, Kibble Kaddie, and Bivy Bowl: Jennifer N. - Burlington, VT
- Prize Pack 3: Ruffwear Toy Pack: Avor S. - Rochester, NY
- Prize Pack 4: Signed copy of The Dogist: Katlyn H. - North Chesterfield, VA
- Prize Pack 5: DOGS Collection from The Dogist (Short Sleeve, Long Sleeve, Crewneck Sweatshirt): Shirish R. - Round Rock, TX
- GRAND PRIZE: 1-hour photoshoot with The Dogist in New York City: Alyssa R. - Garrison, NY
Are you a runner looking to rack up some miles – and make a difference for a great cause – in the month of September? Love dogs but don’t currently have one? Or want to do something special to honor the memory of a beloved family dog? You can still be a Wag-A-Thoner! Wag-A-Thon is for everyone, even if you aren’t currently a dog owner. Here are some optional ways that you can participate sans pooch:
- Walk or run in honor of one of our puppies and help them become a guide dog.
- Walk with a friend or family member’s dog!
- Search #dogsofinstagram and pick an Insta-famous dog to walk for.
- Wag for your favorite fictional dog!
Download the offline donation form here.
Make checks payable to Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
Mail this form and check to:
Guiding Eyes for the Blind
611 Granite Springs Road
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Having Trouble With Your Wag-A-Thon Page?If you are a Guiding Eyes graduate who is having accessibility issues, please do not hesitate to reach out. It has been brought to our attention that there are issues with adding distance walked and uploading photos. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 914-621-8812 for assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Countdown to the "finish line":
Teams and Walkers
Select A Team:
Fundraiser CardsView All