Join us on sample date
What It Is...
How It Works...
Step 1: Sign up online and set up your fundraising page.
Step 2: Map out your plan to rack up to 26.2 miles* over the month of September.
Step 3: Ask friends, family, and co-workers to support you with a donation – or to join the Wag-A-Thon themselves!
Step 4: Post your mileage and walk updates – don’t forget the selfies! -- to social media and your personal Wag-A-Thon page.
Step 5: Cross the Wag-A-Thon virtual finish line by September 30.*Psst … we are relying on the honor system for the mileage for this charity event. Whether you run or walk a 5K, a 10K, a half or full marathon, the goal is have FUN all while raising critical funds to support Guiding Eyes for the Blind’s mission to provide guide dogs to people with vision loss.
Sample Walking Schedules
Need help figuring out how to fit 26.2 miles into the month of September? We’ve got you covered with a few sample walking schedules.
For the Wag-A-Thoner who wants to walk or run on weekends
(4 weekends, 8 days)
Weekend 1: 6.55 miles/weekend
Weekend 2: 6.55 miles/weekend
Weekend 3: 6.55 miles/weekend
Weekend 4: 6.55 miles/weekend
For the Wag-A-Thoner who wants to do a little bit every day
September 1 – September 30: .786 miles/day
For the Wag-A-Thoner who wants to walk or run a few days a week
(5 weeks, starting September 1)
2 days a week: 3.275 miles/day
3 days a week: 2.184 miles/day
4 days a week: 1.64 miles/day
THE BEFORE & AFTER
For the Wag-A-Thoner who wants to do a little each day, before and after work
(22 days, does not include Labor Day or weekends)
AM Walk: .6 miles/day
PM Walk: .6 miles/day
THE LATE BLOOMER
For the Wag-A-Thoner who got off to a bit of a late start but still wants to complete 26.2 miles
Starting on September 7: 1.14 miles/day
Starting on September 14: 1.64 miles/day
Starting on September 21: 3.75 miles/day
Don't Forget to Enter Your Miles
Track your miles throughout September and log them into your account so your supporters can see your progress!
- Log into your personal fundraising page.
- Click the "Wag-A-Thon" tab.
- Enter your activity manually or connect with Strava!
What Do You Get?
- A $20 registration gets you a Guiding Eyes bandana for you or your dog!
- Raise $100 and get an official Wag-A-Thon t-shirt!
- Complete any distance and you'll get an official Wag-A-Thon tag for your pooch!
No Pup? No Problem!
Are you a runner looking to rack up some miles – and make a difference for a great cause – in the month of September? Love dogs but don’t currently have one? Or want to do something special to honor the memory of a beloved family dog? Then you can be a Wag-A-Thoner! Wag-A-Thon is for everyone, even if you aren’t currently a dog owner. Here are some optional ways that you can participate sans pooch:
- Borrow a friend or family member’s dog!
- Search #dogsofinstagram and pick an Insta-famous dog to walk for.
- Wag for your favorite fictional dog!
- Completing the Wag-A-Thon in memory of a beloved dog? Print a picture of the dog you are dedicating your Wag-A-Thon to and pin it to your shirt or hat on the days you’re walking.