0 miles walked
About The Event
What It Is...
The Wag-A-Thon is a cumulative marathon that you and your dog can do anywhere, at your own pace over the month of September. The goal is to hit 26.2 miles by September 30 – all while raising critical funds to support Guiding Eyes for the Blind’s mission to provide guide dogs to people with vision loss. No matter what distance you decide to go, it’s an opportunity for people and dogs alike to stay active and do good, and participation is simple.
How It Works...
Step 1:Sign up online and set up your fundraising page.
Step 2:Map out your plan to rack up to 26.2 miles* over the month of September.
Step 3:Ask friends, family, and co-workers to support you with a donation – or to join the Wag-A-Thon themselves!
Step 4:Post your mileage and walk updates – don’t forget the selfies! -- to social media and your personal Wag-A-Thon page.
Step 5:Cross the Wag-A-Thon virtual finish line by September 30.
*Psst … we are relying on the honor system for the mileage for this charity event. Whether you run or walk a 5K, 10K, a half or full marathon, the goal is to have FUN all while raising critical funds to support Guiding Eyes for the Blind’s mission to provide guide dogs to people with vision loss.
What Do You Get?
- A $20 registration gets you a Guiding Eyes bandana for you or your dog!
- Raise $100 and get an official Wag-A-Thon t-shirt!
- Complete any distance and you'll get an official Wag-A-Thon tag for your pooch!
No Pup? No Problem!
Are you a runner looking to rack up some miles – and make a difference for a great cause – in the month of September? Love dogs but don’t currently have one? Or want to do something special to honor the memory of a beloved family dog? Then you can be a Wag-A-Thoner! Wag-A-Thon is for everyone, even if you aren’t currently a dog owner. Here are some optional ways that you can participate sans pooch:
- Borrow a friend or family member’s dog!
- Search #dogsofinstagram and pick an Insta-famous dog to walk for.
- Wag for your favorite fictional dog!
- Completing the Wag-A-Thon in memory of a beloved dog? Print a picture of the dog you are dedicating your Wag-A-Thon to and pin it to your shirt or hat on the days you’re walking.
Countdown to the "finish line":
Fundraiser CardsView All